If you have a question about a specific location, event, or event set-up (tables, chairs, etc.), please see: Building Contact Information.
Members of the Georgia Tech community can log into GT Events with their Georgia Tech user ID and password and can browse and reserve available space in campus buildings and outdoor venues. Individuals who are not members of the Georgia Tech community cannot reserve space through GT Events but can obtain information on availability and fees by sending an email inquiry to the administrator.
- See below, view this PDF document for helpful hints, or select "(?)" then select "Users Manual" on the top menu once you have logged into GT Events for more detailed instructions.
- Go to: gtevents.gatech.edu/emswebapp
- Under "Sign In" log on using your GT user id and password.
- Select "Create a Reservation" then select “book now” next to the menu reservation template corresponding to the type of space you want to schedule.
- Fill out the date and time of your event under "Date & Time."
- Optionally, click “Add/Remove” to modify the buildings included in the room search.
- To complete your search, click the "Search” button, and a list of spaces available at the time you specified will be displayed.
- Optionally, you can add details to your search using “Let me search for a room” under “Date & Time.” Select “Add/Remove” next to “Features” to choose the applicable features you want the room to have. Fill out “Number of People” with the estimated attendance, then select “search.”
- Alternatively, you may search under “I know what room I want.” Type in the Room Name, and matching rooms will be displayed.
- Click the blue plus sign (+) next to the space you want, and you will be prompted to enter the number of attendees and desired setup type for the selected room. The room will appear under “Selected Rooms” to confirm that it is selected.
- Click the "Next Step" button at the top of the page, and a new form for reservation services will appear.
- Fill out the applicable information and click “Next Step.” A new form for reservation details will appear.
- Fill out the Reservation Details; fields with an asterisk are required. If “1st contact” under “Group Details” contains “(temporary contact),” you must click on the field containing "(temporary contact)" and type in your name.
- If your group does not appear in the drop-down list, see this FAQ entry.
- Be sure you have accepted any terms and conditions before clicking “Create Reservation.” After clicking "Create Reservation" a new "Room Request” page will appear to indicate that your request was accepted. At this point you can continue using the page to edit/review your request, add to your calendar, or simply close the window.
- Once your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation through email. If you have questions about your event request, contact the administrator responsible for the space you requested.
You must use your GT account and password (as issued by Georgia Tech to all students, faculty, and staff) in order to log into GT Events. Otherwise see this question: "Who can reserve campus space through GT Events?" If you used to log in using an email address and password, please note that this is no longer supported.
Students must be a part of a student organization in order to reserve space in the Student Center at no charge, and must be approved by the student organization's leadership (president or vice president) to be able to request space. Contact the administrator for the Student Center for more information.
First, make sure you are logged into the system (your name will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen). Even though this option is available without logging in, not all buildings are available for view unless you do so. If you are logged in and still don't see the building you want, under "Browse" select "Events." Under "Filters" on the "Browse Events" screen, select the applicable date then click "Add Filter" on the right side of the screen. Select "Locations" on the drop-down list to view buildings. Click on your building and then click "Update Locations" to see scheduled events.
There may be a scheduling policy in the specific building that prevents scheduling the space through this system. Sometimes the "Browse" screen will appear "dimmed" to indicate that the space cannot be scheduled through GT Events even though it appears available. Contact the administrator for the location in question, as listed here, for more information.
The error message "The date(s) you requested violates your last allowed booking date" occurs when you are trying to book a room that is only available for reservation less than 48 hours out from the start of your event. All rooms marked "Instant Reservation Room" have the 48 hour policy. If, for example, you try to book an "Instant Reservation Room" a whole week in advance, you will receive this message. If you do in fact have a need to book more than 48 hours in advance, please choose the "Clough Commons Room Request Form." This form will give you a list of "approval-based rooms" which can be reserved up to (2) weeks in advance. These rooms require staff approval.
When reserving space, put in your date and time in the "Date & Time" box, and then click "Search." A list of available spaces will appear. When you click on any of the available spaces, a building details box will open. Information on the room will appear. Select the "Images" tab to view the room image.
The blue plus sign (+) indicates the room is available and can be selected. Once you have selected a room, it appears at the top of the page with a blue minus sign (-) next to it. Clicking this allows you to change your mind and remove the space from your request. You can then select a different space instead.
If you are with a chartered student organization and are approved to request space on behalf of the group or a Georgia Tech department, it should be in the GT Events group list. If you do not see a group name in the drop down list, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. Note: If you are a student and not a part of a chartered organization, you should use the group name "Student."
If you would like to reserve a room/space for more than one date, you can do so by going to the "Date & Time" box. If available, click the "Recurrence" button. Next to "Repeats" click the drop-down box and select weekly, monthly or random. Enter the frequency of weeks and select the days the recurrence is to take place. Enter the start date and either enter the number of occurrences you need, or enter the date of the last occurrence. Enter your start and end time, and then click the "Apply Recurrence" button.
Click "Events" under "Browse." Then select "Add Filter" on the right-hand side of the screen, and set the drop-down boxes for the events you are interested in; then click "Apply." Use the tabs and controls above the calendar to select the dates and type of calendar you want to see.
Click "Locations" under "Browse." Select "Add/Remove Locations" to select the building you are interested in. Then if necessary, select "Add Filter" on the right-hand side of the screen, and set the drop-down boxes for the rooms or spaces you are interested in. You can use the arrow controls above the calendar to move the date forward and backward.
Click "My Events" on the main menu bar on the left side of the screen. A list of your current reservation requests will be listed. Select the name of the reservation. To edit the reservation details, click the blue pencil under "Bookings" at the bottom of the page. The blue minus sign (-) next to a booking can be used to cancel the booking. Under "Reservation Tasks" on the right side of the screen, use "Cancel Reservation" to cancel the reservation and all included bookings. You may not be able to edit or cancel a reservation if it is too close to the event date; in that case you should contact the administrator for the location in question, as listed here.
Special announcements can be found at gtevents.gatech.edu under the Request Campus Space heading.
After checking all of the questions listed above if you still do not see the answer to your problem, send an email to email@example.com and include as much detail as possible. Specifically, make sure to include the exact text of any error messages that may appear. Note that sometimes these error messages are not immediately obvious; for example, log on error messages may appear in small text above the words "Welcome to GT Events" in the top middle of the screen. Note that many of the questions received through this email address are already answered in the FAQ.